UW-River Falls Administrative Policy
Distribution of Indirect (Overhead) Costs
Effective July 1, 2002, it is the policy of the University to retain 75% of the indirect funds generated from grants activity and return the remaining 25% to the college which originated the grant.
The UW-River Falls Chancellor issues this policy in accordance with the Administrative Policy process.
The Assistant Chancellor for Business and Finance is responsible for the administration of this policy. Consult should be sought by Facilities Management and Student Services. Request an exception to this policy by writing to email@example.com.
Failure to adhere to the provisions of this policy may result in appropriate disciplinary action as provided under existing procedures applicable to students, faculty, and staff, and/or civil or criminal prosecution.
Seventy-five percent (75%) of the indirect cost funds will be retained by the University and the release of all or any part of this funding can be authorized only by the Chancellor, Provost, or Vice Chancellor for Administration and Finance.
Twenty-five percent (25%) of the indirect cost funds will be returned upon request to the Dean's Office for allocation at his/her option. College Deans should submit a written request (which details how the funds are planned to be used) to the Provost/Vice Chancellor. Funds will be available for transfer to the college when the indirect cost funds have been received and deposited into the University's accounts.
The Controller's Office following approval by the Provost/Vice Chancellor will arrange the actual transfer of funds from the general indirect cost account to the related accounts based upon the Dean's recommendation. The Controller's Office will determine which accounts will be established or utilized to reflect these transactions.
Please direct questions about this policy to firstname.lastname@example.org.