UW-River Falls Administrative Policy
Centralized Position Management Policy
Permanent vacancies (both in FTE and salary) that are created by resignation, retirement, or non-renewal will be centralized. This process covers classified staff, non-instructional academic staff (excluding graduate assistants), and tenured track faculty. Employees covered by a collective bargaining agreement are not subject to this policy. Under centralized position management, vacant permanent positions will be centralized in the Assistant Chancellor's for Business and Finance Office Position Pool. Both the FTE and the funding will be held in the Pool.
The UW-River Falls Chancellor issues this policy in accordance with the Administrative Policy process.
The Assistant Chancellor for Business and Finance is responsible for the administration of this policy. Request an exception to this policy by writing to email@example.com.
Failure to adhere to the provisions of this policy may result in appropriate disciplinary action as provided under existing procedures applicable to students, faculty, and staff, and/or civil or criminal prosecution.
- Is the position mandated by federal, state, or UW System requirements?
- Does the position support our strategic plan?
- Is this position directly related to recruiting and/or retention?
- Could the position be outsourced?
- Could the position be filled using students?
- Could the position be filled at less than full time?
Please direct questions about this policy to firstname.lastname@example.org.