The College of Arts and Sciences announces the availability of stipends to support students who will be participating in UWRF-sponsored or approved international study abroad programs.
Each stipend is worth up to $500 and is meant to defray the cost of the study abroad program. While students may request up to $500, the final dollar amount will be determined by the reviewing committee based on the total cost of the program and the student’s financial need.
These stipends are made possible by generous gifts of alumni and friends to the College of Arts and Sciences. The number of stipends disbursed in any given year may vary.
UWRF Study Abroad Opportunities (Global Connections)
CAS Study Abroad Stipend Eligibility
To be eligible for these awards students should meet the following criteria:
- At least one full semester as a current, declared major in the College of Arts and Sciences (exceptions will be made for College of Education-Secondary Education major whose content area is in the College of Arts and Sciences)
- Completion of 45 credits by the time of application
- Participation in a UWRF sponsored study abroad program
- Minimum GPA of 2.75
- Letter of recommendation from a faculty advisor or a faculty member familiar with your academic plan and your work as a student
Preference will be given to:
- Students on study abroad programs officially sponsored by UWRF
- Students who have not studied abroad previously
- Students who have not received a previous CAS Study Abroad stipend
- Download and fill-out CAS International Studies Abroad Stipend Application Cover Sheet
- Prepare a well-written essay of 750-1000 words which...
- explains why you want to study abroad
- contains a description of the specific UWRF sponsored or approved international program selected
- explains why you chose the specific program
- details how the program will enrich your academic goals at UWRF
- Give a brief statement of financial need (250 words or less)
- Create a tabulated budget sheet for requested dollar amount, itemizing use of funds
- Generate a current Degree Audit Report (DAR)
- Request a Letter of Recommendation from your faculty advisor or another faculty member
- Submit hard copies of ALL the application materials listed above to the CAS Deans Office (KFA 136) by the deadline date listed below
Awards will be made directly to the study abroad program in the student’s name, after the student has made a deposit to the program. (Awards may not be used as a deposit for the program.) Awards will be made for specific programs and dates; they cannot be transferred to other programs. Students should be aware that these stipends will affect their financial aid formula for the semester in which the award is made.