MULTIPLE SECTION COURSES
Date: February 11, 2002
Prior Version Date(s): N/A
APPROVED BY FACULTY: May 10, 2002
To establish guidelines for College of Business and Economics faculty and staff teaching multiple sections of the same course within the same semester.
All instructors teaching multiple sections of the same course within one semester will follow course objectives agreed upon by faculty and in accordance with official course descriptions.
- The same set of course objectives will apply to all sections of the course taught within one semester.
- Course objectives must be included in the syllabus for each section.
- Ideally, all faculty teaching the same course will adopt the same textbook(s) within one semester. However, if consensus cannot be reached, faculty may choose to adopt different textbooks for the same course as long as the course objectives are met.
- Adjunct instructors must use the same textbook(s) as at least one faculty member also teaching the course that semester.
- Changes in course objectives may be made through the agreement of all faculty teaching the course, must be in accordance with official course descriptions, and must be communicated to all course instructors.