Segregated fees are charges, in addition to instructional fees, assessed to all students for services, programs, and facilities that support the mission of UW-River Falls.
Segregated fees are divided into allocable and non-allocable.
Students have the primary responsibility for the formulation of allocable segregated fee budgets, in consultation with the Chancellor and subject to final confirmation by the University of Wisconsin System Board Regents. Final recommendations on non-allocable budgets rest with campus administration, although students have the opportunity to participate in the review process.
The following is a summary of the reference from your University bill, the actual segregated fee, the per-semester amount, and a description of each segregated fee account. Organized Activities, Shared Governance, and the Intramural segregated fee are allocable segregated fees, while the remaining are non-allocable.
Please note: The Intramural Complex fee, the ID Card fee, and the Health fee are all per person, while the remaining fees are based on credit hours taken, with 8 credits considered to be a full load for segregated fee calculation. Also, since graduate students do not use Textbook Services, they are not charged a textbook segregated fee. Graduate students can purchase textbooks through the Falcon Shop.
- Hunt Arena is the ice arena on campus. There are numerous Intramural activities in Hunt Arena.
- This fee is used to help fund the varsity athletic teams on campus.
- The ID Card staff is responsible for administering all aspects of the use of the ID card on campus.
Child Care Building
- This fee is used to offset the debt and some supplies and expenses costs for the child care building.
- $22.25 Allocable
- This fee is used to help support student organizations on campus.
- This fee is used for student programs and student programmers salaries that take place on campus through the Student Life office.
- $2.88 Allocable
- This fee is used for the administrative needs of Student Senate.
Student Health Services*
- This fee is used to offset the student costs associated with the basic health services, access to information and resources, advocacy for campus health policies, and prevention focused programming. Services are provided through the River Falls Medical Clinic, Pierce County Reproductive Health Services, as well as Health and Counseling staff on campus.
- This fee is used to offset the costs to enhance services offered in the Career Services office.
- $9.27 Allocable
- This fee is used for referee salaries and for supplies to support the Intramural program.
- This fee is used to maintain the Intramural field complex.
- This fee is used to fund all of the day to day operating costs associated with our Outdoor Recreation program - Kinni Outdoor Adventures.
- This fee is used to fund all of the day-to-day operating costs associated with the University Center.
Student Services Remodel
- This fee is used to support the student contributions for a portion of the remodeling costs associated with the conversion of Rodli Hall to an Enrollment Center and Student Services facility.
- This fee is used to support all of the staff in the Student Life office.
- This fee is used for local fire department services, local police services, and costs associated with the Common Systems.
Falcon Center (Health & Human Performance)
- This fee is being collected and will be used to offset the student contribution for the new Falcon Center building.
- This fee is used to help cover costs for family programs on campus.
- This fee is being collected and will be used to support the student contribution for the renovation of the Ramer Field Sports Complex for use by Intramurals, sport clubs, football, and track and field teams.
- This fee is used to cover all costs associated with providing textbook services to the undergraduate students. Graduate students can purchase textbooks through the Falcon Shop.
*Per person fee
**Does not apply to graduate students
Do you have questions or comments regarding segregated fees? Contact us at email@example.com.