Wednesday, April 17
10 a.m.-2 p.m.
Riverview Ballroom, University Center
This year's western themed Health Fair is an interactive event meant for students, faculty and staff, and community members to learn about health related topics and resources on campus and in the community.
Come and experience a variety of demonstrations and activities including:
We will have a variety of booths incorporating the important components of living a healthy lifestyle. This event is meant for all ages and will appeal to a variety of health interests from exercising and eating right to stress management and relaxation.
Migraine research study by Mayo Clinic: Help Defeat Migraines by participating in Mayo Clinic's Migraine Genomic Library Research. Do you experience migraine headaches? Or are you one of those lucky people whose entire immediate family has been spared from headaches? Either way, Mayo Clinic researchers would love your participation in our study examining the genetic causes of migraines.
Participating is super-easy:
1. Stop by the Health Fair in the Riverview Ballroom in University Center between 10:00 am & 2:00 pm on Wednesday, April 17th.
2. Review and sign a consent form. (about 3 minutes)
3. Complete a questionnaire about headaches and your general health. For case subjects (you have migraine) about 20-30 minutes; for control subjects, about 5 minutes.
4. Provide 5 ml of saliva into a tube.
5. Receive a BIG thank-you for your participation!
That's it--no follow up study visits or anything!
Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/events/452075291535062/?ref=22
For more information go to the Student Health and Counseling Services Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Student-Health-and-Counseling-Services/150210011665917?fref=ts
The goal of the fair is to encourage participants to:
A big thank you to our sponsors: WESTconsin Credit Union and StateFarm Greg Peter's Agency
Thank You to UWRF Dining Services and Sodexo for donating healthy snacks