Why Study Business Administration - Finance?
A growing profession, finance is a field with flexibility and unlimited growth potential. As a finance major, you won’t just learn about investments, capital planning, international finance and financial analysis, you’ll also gain key employment skills like interpersonal interaction, decision making and communication.
Skills and Learning Outcomes
- Understand financial topics including real estate investments, portfolio management, financial and personal risk management and international finance management.
- Make capital budget decisions.
- Evaluate optimal capital structure and dividend policy.
- Perform lease financing and learn about bankruptcy and mergers.
- Analyze investment options and manage investment risks.
Types of Courses
- Management and Organizational Behavior
- Managerial Finance
- Multinational Financial Management
- Operations Management
- Principles of Marketing
- Real Estate
- Risk Management and Insurance
- Strategic Management
- Statistical Methods for Economics and Business
“Attending UW-River Falls and joining the College of Business and Economics is the best decision I could have made. Everyone – from the faculty to the students – is supportive and outright amazing. The courses not only include the material you need to know, but also present-day information. Professors go out of their way to get to know you as a person and help you in any way possible.”
-Kaylee Beier, business administration – finance major
Finance majors graduate from UW-River Falls prepared for a variety of careers in the financial field. Potential roles include:
- Account Executive
- Bank Branch Manager
- Financial Advisor or Analyst
- International Banking Officer
- Personal/Commercial Lending Officer
- Risk Manager